Gibtelecom is the leading telecommunications provider in Gibraltar, delivering the full range of telecommunications solutions to both residential and business customers.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced, full-time Evolved Packet Core (EPC) mobile network engineer to join our Broadband & Transport Networks (BBTN) team in Gibraltar, to work within a dynamic and diverse engineering environment. The position offers a unique and challenging opportunity to work with a wide spectrum of Service Provider technologies and solutions.
As a Mobile Packet Core Network Analyst, the candidate shall work closely with Gibtelecom’s Principal Engineers and other fellow Analysts, to maintain the high standards of both extant and future technical solutions.
The ideal candidate must possess a solid track record within the industry and hold extensive experience across key technology remits, including:
• Packet Core Reference Interfaces and Associated Protocols:
Gb, Iu-C/U, S1-MME, S1U, Gr, S6a, Gn/Gp, S5/S8, S11, SGs, Gx & Gy
GTP, SCTP, M3UA & DIAMETER
• QoS in mobile and IP networks
• Routing/switching and their associated protocols (STP/RSTP/MSTP/OSPF/ISIS/BGP)
• Linux O.S.
Salary & Conditions
The salary for this position will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
The position is advertised as Full-Time and Permanent, subject to a 12-month probationary period.
Some of the key responsibilities bound to this position include:
• Network Capacity Planning: Proactive monitoring of link capacity and node licenses.
o Participate in the supplier & equipment evaluation and selection process
o Maintain network stability and availability
o Contribute to technical operation enhancements, in line with rules and regulations
o Support or lead the deployment of any new services, systems, applications and networks.
o Support and lead the installation, configuration, integration, evaluation, testing, documentation, and training of any new systems or services.
o Maintain high network availability by proactively addressing any network issues, working with suppliers where needed
o Provide 24/7 support and consultation to technical operations teams
o Provide solutions to improve operational efficiencies and develop existing portfolio
o Enforcement of packet roaming agreements
• Uphold optimum network performance, through KPI management:
o Monitoring existing performance metrics
o Introducing new KPI where required
o Ensuring Performance Targets are met at all times
o Performing corrective action where required
o Validating correct system reporting
• Supplier management: Work closely with key suppliers to ensure networks and services are operating effectively.
• Project management: Ensure packet core projects are delivered on time and budget.
• Life cycle management: Anticipate EoL/EoS dates for software and hardware. Propose and deploy action plans to keep software and hardware updated.
• Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of service and network elements.
Qualifications and Experience requisites:
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering or related Telecommunications field, or proven experience in a network engineering and Service Provider environment.
• At least 5+ years of telecommunications experience working within a service provider environment.
• Desirable Certifications:
o Ericsson Mobile related certifications
o Cisco CCNA or equivalent experience
o Juniper JNCIA or equivalent experience
• Deep understanding of Evolved Packet Core ecosystem
• Awareness of extant 3GPP specifications
• Experience working within an Ericsson packet core environment, including OAM proficiency across key network elements like SGSN, MME, SGW, PGW, PCRF
• Experience in Cisco and Juniper switching and routing solutions (Cisco ASR, Juniper MX, Juniper EX, Juniper QFX)
• Strong understanding of IPv4
• Experience working with QoS, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, HSRP & BFD
• Experience in managing/operating Linux Bind DNS Server
• Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with the various teams throughout the organisation
• Attention to detail and good troubleshooting methodology
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experienced in evaluating and reporting on supplier selection process
• Self-motivated and ambitious individual willing to go beyond routine duties
• Equally efficient working autonomously or as part of a wider team
• Ability to think outside of the box
• Ability to write and review design documents and communicate architecture, design strategies, standards, technical system specifications and business requirements
• Strong planning and organisation skills.
• Flexibility to work out of hours, as required
• Willing to travel when required
• Strong PC Skills
Desirable Knowledge and Experience:
• Working with Ericsson Circuit Switch nodes (MSC, MGW, HLR, HSS)
• Working with BroadForward DRA
• VoLTE experience (Rx, Gm & Mb interfaces)
• Familiarity with cloud technologies & virtualisation
• 5G / IoT (Internet of Things)
• IP VPN Technologies: MP-BGP (L3VPN/L2VPN) & Ethernet VPN (eVPN)
• Programming and scripting
• Experience working with GRX/IPX providers
• Experience working with firewalls (Fortinet)
If interested please send your CV together with a short covering letter addressed to The Senior Human Resources Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please quote the vacancy reference on all correspondence.
If you are interested in learning more about current employment opportunities at Gibetelecom, please contact:
Human resources department
Telephone: (+350) 20052217
15/21 John Mackintosh Square, Gibraltar
Update your browser to view this website correctly.Update my browser now