Are you a Telecoms/Network Operations Engineer experienced in working with Networking, Telecom’s and ISP services technologies and looking for an exciting opportunity.
Providing 24/7 support to our customers, suppliers and engineers, you'll play a pivotal part in ensuring that our services and products run smoothly.
About this role:
• You'll monitor the company’s entire estate including systems and their tools such as submarine cables, core IP network, NTE, Transmission networks, IPTV, WiFi, IMS, Mobile RAN, 4G/5G
• You'll provide 1st/2nd line support services to ensure all services and infrastructure are running at optimum performance
• You'll remotely configure and upgrade nodes in collaboration with our field engineering teams including equipment such as Cisco & Juniper firewalls, switches and other network/transmission nodes.
• You'll proactively create and update tickets to ensure all maintenance and incident information is collated allowing all parties to have visibility • You'll meet and exceed SLA targets Location and shift patterns:
• Based in Gibraltar, this is full time, permanent position
• Rotational shift pattern (8h days, 6h evenings and 10h nights) that affords plenty of opportunity to enjoy your spare time.
• Less than 200 working days per year
• Competitive salary
• We'll help you balance your life and work
• Learning and development, coaching and mentoring, and career progression opportunities
The ideal candidate must have:
• Batchelors Degree in Telecommunications or equivalent as well as proven experience working in a telecoms/networking environment
• Previous NOC experience would be advantageous
• Skills and experience in at least two of: - IP, Ethernet, Transmission, Telephony and you'll ideally have a detailed knowledge of core internet technologies, i.e. Routing & Switching, DNS.
• Relevant Engineering degree (telecoms/IT) or industry qualification such as CCNA, CCNP or JNCIA
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work within a close-knit team
Email your CV and a short cover letter to the careers team firstname.lastname@example.org . Please quote the vacancy reference "netops0119" in the subject line.
If you are interested in learning more about current employment opportunities at Gibetelecom, please contact:
Human resources department
Telephone: (+350) 20052217
15/21 John Mackintosh Square, Gibraltar
Update your browser to view this website correctly.Update my browser now