Gibtelecom is the leading communications provider to Gibraltar’s residents and thriving business community. The Company is both aware of the needs of its customers and equally of the opportunities which arise as a result of Gibraltar’s significant international financial services, maritime and gaming industries.
Gibtelecom provides customers with products and services matching those offered by leading telecommunications companies throughout the world. The Company’s experienced and dedicated staff guarantee that customers receive a professional and customised service.
Gibtelecom was the first Gibraltar business to receive the “Recognised for Excellence” accreditation from the European Foundation for Quality Management, and is also an ISO 9001:2008 certified Company.
Gibtelecom provides a full range of fixed, mobile and internet services. With almost 90 fixed lines per 100 population, its fixed line telephony services compare favourably with other countries and territories. The Company provides both post paid and pre paid (Reload) mobile phone and data services, under the Gibtel brand, with a per capita penetration of over 100%. The Company’s GSM, 3G and 4G+ networks offer full coverage of the Rock, and roaming agreements are in place with some 500 operators in over 165 countries. Gibtelecom offers a variety of internet solutions, from individual lines and wi-fi access to business corporate links. Nearly 70% of households in Gibraltar have a broadband connection. Gibtelecom also offers dedicated premium internet protocol (IP) bandwidth to businesses on demand, and can host their computer servers at one of the Company’s data centres.
Personal Data is any information relating to an individual (also termed a ‘data subject’) if that person can be identified from the data that is being processed. It includes names; addresses; emails and bank details amongst others.
We collect information to help manage your account to:
•deliver products and services which you have contracted with us;
•improve our products and services and develop new ones; and
•manage our network and help us run and grow our business.
The information we have about you includes things like who you are, where you use our network, and how you pay for your services.
Who you are includes:
• Your name, address, ID card or passport details;
• Your debit or credit card details, bank details and other payment information.
We typically collect this information in person, but they can also be obtained by phone, in writing or through a website or email
How you use your products and services includes:
• Your call and billing records.
• Details about your usage of any other products we supply to you, such as our apps.
• We don't look at the content of your messages or listen to your calls (unless you are talking to one of our customer service advisors).
Where you use our network:
Your smartphone might also have a Global Positioning System (GPS) location, that's used by your phone and certain apps. It's more accurate than network location alone, because it uses satellites.
We collect information mainly when you sign up with us, contact us and when you use our products and services.
For example when you:
• Register as a Gibtelecom customer.
• Get in touch with us to ask something.
• Buy from us – whether it's in our shop or online.
• Enter any promotions, competitions or prize draws through one of our services.
• Make changes to, or close your account.
• Go to our website,
• Use any of our networks
• Apply for a job with us online.
We also collect information from other sources, including business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources.
We use your information to keep in touch with you and to supply and improve our products and services. We will also use your information to tell you about products and services that we think may interest you. In particular, this means using your information to:
• manage your account and help you to manage your account.
• sort out a payment, put your order through our system.
• get in touch with you.
• keep things secure and prevent crime and fraud.
• manage our network and your use of our network.
• look into any complaints or questions you may raise.
• trace and recover debts, manage credit, detect and prevent fraud and money laundering
• send you information about our products and services (or those from selected third parties we think you'd be interested in) by phone, post, email, text, picture message, online banner advertising, or other ways. For some of this marketing activity we need your consent and, in those circumstances, we will only send you messages if you have asked to receive them.
• publish your details in our phone directories (unless you have expressly asked your details not to be published), provide directory enquiry services, as appropriate. We have to give directory information about our customers to other phone operators and service providers. We also have to pass these details to other companies who want to provide a directory service that is available to the public. We don’t give directory numbers to other companies.
We are allowed to use your information in these ways and share the information as described below because:
• we need to so that we can provide you with products and services and to manage your account with us.
• we need to use some of your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations (such as legal obligations to keep details of calls made by customers for a certain period of time).
Gibtelecom only shares personal data to the extent necessary to run our business to fulfil any contracts we enter into with customers, and where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
In connection with the purposes described above, we may share your personal data with others.
This might mean sharing that information with:
• our partner companies or agencies and their sub-contractors or prospective partners who help us run our services
• other companies in the Gibtelecom Group.
• other communications companies.
We might also share your information:
• with any public authority or law enforcement agency (if they ask for it).
• to comply with law or regulations, or for possible legal proceedings.
• if one of our partners who are processing information for us are compelled to do so by law.
• if there's an emergency and we think you or other people are at risk.
If we are required to transfer your data to companies outside the EEA, we will make sure it’s protected in a manner that is consistent with how your data will be protected by us. This can be done in a number of different ways for instance:
• The country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission.
• The recipient company might have signed up a contract obliging them to protect your information.
• The recipient is located in the US and is a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
In other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your information outside the EEA. In all cases however, we will ensure that any transfer of your information is compliant with data protection law.
Please note that Gibtelecom currently does not provide personal data to third parties, other than in respect of the production of the Gibraltar Telephone Directory.
For no longer than necessary, taking into account any legal obligations we have (such as to maintain records for fiscal or reporting purposes) and, any other legal basis we have for holding customers information (e.g. performance of a contract).
There are certain reasons we have to keep hold of your information.
We keep information while you're our customer or after you've left us, but only as long as we need it for the purposes described above. How long we keep it depends very much on the type of information and purpose.
For example, we might need to sort out disagreements, stop fraud and abuse, prove that you had an account with us or follow our legal obligations. Or the police may need it as evidence. We may also keep information about how you use our products or services.
In each case, the length of time that we need to keep the information may be different, but we will only keep the information for as long as we need it.
At Gibtelecom we feel very strongly about protecting and safeguarding our customers’ personal data. We adhere to industry best practice technical security measures to protect personal data and ensure no unauthorised or unlawful disclosure, accidental or unlawful damage or loss takes place. Only certain authorised employees at Gibtelecom have access to personal data. Gibtelecom protects its IT systems with firewalls and anti-virus and anti-malware software and other information security technology solutions.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the data that we hold about you, including the right to:
• access the data we have about you.
• ask that we update your data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• ask that we delete or erase your information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to delete or erase your information but we are legally entitled to retain it.
• request that we restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
• receive and transmit that data in a portable format. Please note that this right only applies to information which you have provided to us.
• withdraw your consent to the use of your information where we are relying on that consent. Please note that we may still be entitled to process your information if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
• make a complaint with the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority (www.gra.gi) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the section below.
If you do not wish to be contacted by Gibtelecom or any of its contracted agents for marketing purposes then please tell us in writing at the following address:
Customer Services Centre
15/21 John Mackintosh Square
PO Box 929
or any other address we give you.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
If you'd like to ask for a copy of any personal information we may hold it is encouraged that you download our Subject Access Request form below and hand it in at our Customer Services Centre at 15/21 John Mackintosh Square or for further information you can contact Gibtelecom’s Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Update your browser to view this website correctly.Update my browser now