We’re looking for an experienced individual to lead a team and technical function to deliver an effective, efficient, and productive environment, understanding the fluctuations and demands of the business, within the confines of policies and budgets.
To be responsible for the delivery of an excellent service, through the efficient architecture, engineering, and application of technology.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- To lead a technical function as determined by the Company, in relation to a specific remit of technology and/or infrastructure, across relevant markets and countries.
- To lead the planning, development, design, engineering, architecture, integration, testing,
acceptance, optimisation, and implementation activities of the technical function.
- To be responsible and accountable for the quality and performance of the technical function.
- To coordinate and assure security aspects of the technicalfunction.
- To manage the resolution of customer-initiated complaints and defects within committed service
levels attributed to the technicalfunction.
- To lead and manage the delivery of projects within the specific remit of the technical function.
- To be responsible and accountable for drafting, collating, and maintaining a repository of
documentation in relation to the technicalfunction.
- To define and execute multi-year roadmaps that align to the technical strategy and business
- To be responsible for leading and developing a highly effective technical team within the specific
area of technology and/or infrastructure as determined by theCompany.
- To keep oneself and one’s team abreast of developments within the industry. Including, the
participation in standardisation committees, vendor, and industry forums.
- To develop and maintain subject-matter expertise, in respect to the technical function.
- To operationally lead and supervise one’steam.
- To be responsible for the drafting of individualappraisals.
- To uphold good governance and ensure compliance with standards, policies, and procedures.
- To support operational counterparts in relation to the specific remit of technology and/or infrastructure.
- To assist operational teams in determining the correct material resources, systems, and training to perform their duties adequately.
- To manage and maintain an information exchange relationship with operational counterparts.
- To support sales and marketing counterparts in relation to the specific remit of technology and/or infrastructure:
- To assist with a pre-sales function, ifrequired.
- To assist with the productisation of any new service linked to the technical function.
- To manage and develop vendor relationships in respect of the technical function:
- Contribute to and / or conduct Complex sales when procuring largecontracts.
- Conduct negotiations with vendors and strive to maximise value for money.
- To be responsible for expenditure control in respect of the technical function.
- To be available to assist in any projects and/or duties that the Company may deem reasonable.
Scope and remit:
- The ideal candidate will be involved in all technology, infrastructure and functions underpinning the IMS voice services, focusing primarily on fixes voice, but also supporting IMS based mobile services. The scope of functions under direct responsibility are defined below, however are in no way limited to:
- IMS Core: SBG, BGF, MTAS, P/I/E/S-CSCF, MRF, DRA, ENUM, HSS, SCC, UPG,…
- IMS-based PSTN Emulation services: A-MGW, AGCF, VoBB, and ATA /IAD.
- Enhanced fixed voice services: IP-CENTREX and Hosted-PBX (Broadworks AS, XSP, Profile, Media, …), SIP endpoints, other third-party application
- Enterprise edge: eSBC, vSBC, ISDN (BRI / PRI) gateways, SIP trunks,…
- Fixed Mobile
- Value-add systems: Voicemail, …
- Auxiliary systems: licensing, …
- International and local connectivity, including signaling, carrier circuits, IPX, ...
Experience and Qualifications
- At least eight years demonstratable experience working in a communication service provider environment, either directly or indirectly.
- Expert-level understanding of telecommunication and IP protocols (SIP-T/I, RSTP, SS7, SIGTRAN, IPSEC, …).
- Solid understanding of PSTN and PLMN concepts, together with a working understanding of modern telecommunications infrastructure.
- Experience with Ericsson IMS infrastructure considered mandatory. Experience with Broadworks AS would be advantageous.
- JCNIE or CCIE Equivalency will be considered.
- The following functions will be within remit, but it is expected that operational activities will, in full or in part, be undertaken by specialist teams.
- Software infrastructure supporting PNFs, VNFs and
- Hardware infrastructure supporting PNFs, VNFs and CNFs*.